Acne is a common skin ailment that can occur at any age but common in adolescence and adults. It occurs mainly due to impurity within the body. The impurity could be in the blood, which manifests itself externally as acne. If the blood is impure, then the sebaceous (sweat) glands will have to work harder in eliminating these wastes. This hyperactivity of the sweat glands causes acne.
Following are the major acne causes:
- Due to faulty eating habits like consuming food at short intervals or eating incompatible foods together such as fish and milk, curds and milk, etc.
- Sometimes acne also occurs because of having more desires in adolescence
- Deficiency of vitamin A (Retinol) can causes acne or pimple
- Pimple also occurs in women and girls due to some menstrual problems, such as irregular or delayed periods
- Eating processed food, greasy, oily, spicy, and excessive salty foods also causes pimple
- Sometimes hormonal changes during pregnancy also leads to acne
- If your bowel movement is not normal, in that case constipation may also results in pimple
Following are the major acne symptoms:
- Tiny eruptions on cheeks, nose or forehead. However in extreme cases, the pimples could spread to the chest, back and the arms.
- Pimples filled with pus, red in color appears on the skin surface
Following are some of the simple tips to prevent acne:
- Do not eat cold foods when suffering with acne
- Avoid foods that are not compatible with each other
- It is always advisable to keep a suitable time gap between meals. A complete meal can take anywhere between 3-4 hours for digestion
- Avoid oily, spicy and sugary foods. Try to keep your diet a perfect balance of foods with different tastes.
- Include green leafy vegetables like pumpkins and other fibrous vegetables, vitamin A-rich vegetables, carotene-rich food in your diet. They provide the cellulose for roughage, which takes care of proper movement of bowels
- Consume fresh fruits like carrots and oranges as they provide proper water content in your body, which will make the blood purer
- Expose your skin to fresh air and sunlight often. This will help in opening the pores on the skin and lead to better circulation and prevent pimples
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water daily
Following are some of the effective home remedies for acne:
- Apply buttermilk on the affected regions for natural remedy of acne
- Prepare a paste of thorns of the semolina in milk. Apply it for 3 consecutive nights to get rid of acne
- Wash the face twice or thrice a day with buttermilk to keep pimple away
- Prepare a paste of husk of mustard seeds and then mix it with cow milk. Apply this mixture on the affected areas every night and wash it off thoroughly in the morning. The eruptions will disappear within a week.
- Prepare a paste of orange peels and apply it on the affected are. It is an effective home remedy for acne
- You can also apply grated potatoes on affected area to get relief from acne pain and inflammation
- Similarly tomato paste applied on the affected are also gives you relief from inflammation and acne growth
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for acne:
- Prepare a paste of fenugreek leaves (methi leaves) and apply it every night and wash the effected area with the lukewarm water, when it gets dried. It is an effective acne remedy
- You can also prepare a paste of either turmeric and neem leaves or turmeric and sandalwood and apply on the affected area. They are very effective home remedies for acne
- Boil holy basil leaves on water and keep it for cooling. Then apply the solution with cotton on the affected area. It is very effective remedy for acne
- Apply a mixture of turmeric powder and mint juice on the affected area. It is also a good acne home remedy
- You can also apply garlic paste on acne affected area. It will help the pimple to dry living no scars
- Prepare a paste of nutmeg (jayphal) and red sandalwood (chandan) and apply on the affected area to reduce pimples
- You can also apply a paste of red lentils (masoor dal) with milk, camphor and ghee on the affected part to get rid of acne.