Aloe Vera is a useful medicinal plant belonging to the succulent species and it finds wide application in treating various skin disorders and other physical ailments. Originating in Northern Africa and the Canary Islands, this herb is found extensively throughout Africa and India. Presence of some compounds like mannans, polysaccharides, Anthraquinones and lectins, has rendered the plant some unique qualities that have been proved to be very effective in medicinal applications.
Aloe Vera contains Vitamin B12 and it is the only known vegetarian source of this vitamin. Presence of calcium, magnesium, Vitamins A, C and E, proteins and other essential fatty acids in this herb has multiple health benefits.
1. Aloe Vera has anti aging properties that affects the beauty and the looks of an individual by providing a natural glow and suppleness to the skin.
2. Aloe Vera drink has remarkable cleaning properties that helps in detoxification and provides the nutrition to maintain youthful looks.
3. It cleans the digestive system, improves the blood circulation by increased oxygen flow that keeps the body cells and tissues healthy, thereby raising the auto immune system of the body.
4. Topical uses of the Aloe Vera leaf also help the skin to regenerate and look healthy.
Aloe Vera can be applied by observing the indications as summarized below -
1. If the skin becomes dry and cracked or affected by eczema, psoriasis and burns.
2. In removing sunburns, scars and other skin blemishes.
3. In any bacterial and fungal infection like Candida.
4. In case of heart burns and indigestion, drinking Aloe Vera juice is useful.
5. In constipation the juice of Aloe Vera is very effective.
6. Helpful in treating common cold and cough.
7. Aloe Vera can be applied to treat joint pains.
Aloe Vera juice, gel, leaves are used in various medical treatments with exceptional results in treating skin disorders.
1. This herb is used to treat first and second degree burns.
2. Used in treating frost bites, insect bites and other allergic reactions.
3. It improves the hydrating ability of the skin and keeps it naturally moisturized.
4. Due to the presence of Vitamin E and C it prevents the skin from aging.
5. It is also used in treating diabetes and cardio-vascular disease.
6. Aloe Vera prevents stops hair fall and prevents balding. It drives out the dandruff and promotes hair growth.
7. This herb is also used as an aphrodisiac.
Aloe Vera is generally used for cosmetic applications in different beauty products mainly the skin care products. It comes in the form of creams, lotions, gels in skin and hair treatments. Aloe Vera capsules and pills are also available but it is advisable to use the original plant parts. This plant can be grown in homes and can be used as required.