Ashwagandha, which is also known as Indian ginseng and Indian winter cherry is a useful medicinal plant found in India. The different parts of this plant have various applications in the Ayurveda and Yunani medicine since ancient times. The roots and leaves of the plant are rich in alkaloids and steroidal lactones. In addition the roots also contain starch, reducing sugars and some essential amino acids. The herb is best used to treat stress and improve libido apart from treating various forms of diseases.
Ashwagandha (Withania Somnifera) is a wonderful herb that is useful in treating various ailments naturally and the herb forms an indispensable component in many herbal health care products. This singularity can be attributed to the rejuvenating and revitalizing capability of the herb that provides the desired energy and nourishment to the body tissues.
1. Ashwagandha has wondrous effects in reducing the stress and calming down the mind. It provides stability to the nerves and restores the positive attitude of the mind. Due to this quality this herb is also used to treat depression.
2. It provides strength and energy to the body improving the mental strength as well.
3. Ashwagandha plays an important role in improving the alertness and memory enabling the mind to work in full concentration.
4. The herb has given excellent results in treating high blood pressure and to maintain a healthy cardio vascular system.
5. Being rich in oxidants Ashwagandha develops the immune power of the body.
6. It is a good aphrodisiac and has a significant effect in the quality and the quantity of sperms. The herb improves both the male and female reproductive systems heightening the libido.
7. Ashwagandha is also equally effective in treating joint aches, back aches, gout and rheumatoid arthritis.
The various formulations of Ashwagandha are used to treat -
1. Low drive or libido, improve sperm count and exhaustion after .
2. General weakness and low energy levels.
3. Too much of mental stress, anxieties and depression.
4. Stress related diseases like hypertension, diabetes, arthritis, and atherosclerosis.
Treatments with Ashwagandha are safe without any significant side effects.
1. Taking a mixture of Ashwagandha powder with milk treats the weakness in people and prevents aging.
2. Consuming a mixture of ashwagandha powder and sugar (equal proportion) with milk regularly treats impotency.
3. Mixing the powdered herb with ghee and taking it with milk or lukewarm water regularly for a month improves the sperm quality.
4. Powdered roots of this herb calms down the nerves, reduces stress levels and promotes sound sleep.
5. Taking a mixture of Ashwagandha, baheda and jaggery provides fast relief from heart pain.