Athlete foot is a fungal or bacterial infection on the skin. It is a form of ringworm of the feet. It is particularly common in warmer climates, and in individuals whose feet are constantly wet because of excessive sweating.
Toe fingers get infected by germs in the moist or sweaty condition. Fungus generally gets the rooms to spread themselves in warm, less airy, and moist conditions so it is necessary to keep fingers dry and clean all the time to keep the irritating condition away.
Following are the major athlete foot causes:
- Moist and dirty toe fingers
- Wearing unclean synthetic shocks
- By plastic shoes
- Through pets carrying fungus on their fur
Following are the major athlete foot symptoms:
- Bad and foul smell between the toe fingers
- Skin turns dry
- Itching, redness, and inflammation between the leg fingers
- Pain and skin flakes off between the toe fingers
Following are some of the simple tips to prevent athlete foot
- Use medicated soaps for cleaning your feet.
- Keep your toe fingers clean and moist free.
- Always wear cotton and other soft fabric shocks which provide comfort and keeps the feet dry.
- Apply antifungal powders between your toe fingers to prevent them from infections.
- Include green vegetables like palak, methi, cabbage, bhatua, peas, garlic, coriander leaves in your diet.
- Take balanced diet as they are less oily and rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Avoid high amount of beverages, coffee, tea in your regular meal.
- Do not eat high amount of sugar and oily foods.
- In case of bleeding or when the affected area is not drying up visit your skin doctors and get it thoroughly checked.
- Do not smoke or drink alcohol.
- Avoid junk food, processed food, and refined flour products.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for athlete foot:
- Take a pinch of baking soda and rub it between your leg fingers, let it dry for sometime than clean your legs using fresh and clean water. It is an effective home remedy for curing athlete's foot.
- Apply oil of tea tree as it has anti-germ properties and are very effective in the treatments of athlete foot.
- You may also use vinegar water solution for cleaning your toe fingers. This remedy is prepared by mixing 10-15 drops of vinegar solution in a half bucket of water. This is very beneficial for curing athlete foot.
- Soak your legs in the salt and warm water solution. Add 2-3 tablespoon of salt in half bucket of water and soak your feet in this warm water solution. This clears away the germs and fungus between the toe fingers.
- Wash the feet in a mild solution of boric acid. It is an effective home remedy for athlete foot.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for athlete foot:
- Eat raw garlic or include it in your diet as it has antifungal and anti bacterial properties.
- Apply onion juice twice a day. It is an effective natural remedy for athlete foot.
- Make a solution by adding 100 drops of grape fruit seed extract in 2 ounces of water and apply to the affected areas with a cotton ball 2-3 times a day.