Following are some of the effective home remedies for boils:
- Prepare a paste of powdered cumin seeds in water gently apply it over the boils. This too helps in fast release of puss by killing germs and weakening the boils.
- Betel leaves are also a common remedy for the treatment of boils. Take 3-4 betel leaves and boil in water till it becomes soft. Gently put 2-3 drops of caster oil over it. Cover boils with these leaves.
- One of the commonly used home remedies for boils is turmeric. Roast turmeric powder in low flame. Take 4-5 tablespoon of roasted turmeric powder and make a paste using water. Apply it gently over the boils. It will help in maturing the boils and hence fast release of germs and puss.
- Boil 15-20 margosa (neem) leaves in half liter of water. Allow it to boil until the mixture reduces to 1/3 of its constituent. Allow the mixture to cool and gently apply it to the boils. This will open up the mouth and help in fast release of puss. Repeat this for a week.
- Parsley leaves are also used in treating boils. Boil parsley leaves, till it becomes soft. Wrap the boiled leaves in clean perforated cloth and put is over boils. This will help in release of puss by opening boil’s mouth.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for boils:
- Garlic is one of the most effective home remedy for the treatment of boils. Apply garlic extract over the boils. It will help in killing germs, and will help in releasing out the puss.
- Another effective natural remedy for boils is onion. Apply its extract over the boils. It will play the same role as garlic.
- Bitter melon extract is also used in the treatment of boils. Apply its extract over the boils. It will kill the germs, soothes the infected skin, and gradually helps in the releasing puss and blood. In case if the patient finds difficulty in applying it over the boils, he may take this extract with lemon juice in the empty stomach, early in the morning. This should be taken till the boils are not treated. However, it is recommended to take this juice at least a week after the treatment so that all the germs should be killed completely.