Research shows that Guggul supplement helps to support healthy cholesterol levels. It also prevents hardening of arteries and increased cholesterol level in blood. It helps in HDL levels in blood in normal limits and maintaining LDL. It is also used as anti obesity supplement and reduces fat levels from body.
Lower LDL (bad cholesterol)
Raise HDL (good cholesterol)
Improve general cardiovascular system
Cholesterol is a substance which is needed by the body to function normally and it can be found in various body parts such as liver, skin, intestines, heart, brain and nerves. The body uses the cholesterol to produce a variety of hormones and acids which are used to digest food. A very small amount of cholesterol is needed by the body to fulfill these functions but too much cholesterol can be deposited in the arteries of the heart which reduces blood supply to the legs. Cholesterol is like plaques which deposits on the arteries and causes blockage.
Symptoms of High Cholesterol
1. The primary symptom of high cholesterol is pain in legs on walking and later the patient may suffer from stroke or blockage of arteries which is also called angina or chest pain and heart attack.
2. It is common in men below 55 years and women above 55 years.
3. Every individual should go for a lipid profile test after the age of 20 years to test the cholesterol level.
Major Causes of High Cholesterol
1. Hereditary causes - The most common cause of cholesterol is hereditary because genes are designed to metabolize cholesterol. Many people inherit the heart disease. Familial hypercholesterolemia is an inherited type of high cholesterol.
2. Weight - Excess weight increases the risk of deposition of bad cholesterol and weight loss raises the risk of increasing the amount of HDL, which is good cholesterol.
3. Exercise - Exercising is important because regular physical work reduces the quantity of triglycerides and raises the level of good cholesterol.
4. Intake of Alcohol - Intake of alcohol raise the level of good cholesterol that is the HDL and reduces the level of bad cholesterol. Drinking alcohol can damage both the liver and the heart. Alcohol can increase the level of triglycerides and cause high blood pressure.
5. Stress - Raised level of stress increases the level of cholesterol in body. It is found that people in stress many take food high in fat content and it increases the level of blood cholesterol.
6. Eating habits - There are many medicines available to control high cholesterol but people suffering from this disease should take care of their eating habits and avoid fatty food and junk food.
Two popular natural supplements for lowering cholesterol are:
The sticky gum resin is used from hundreds of years to treat obesity and skin related disease. Guggul is used to treat infections in digestive systems and the ayurvedic texts mentions cholesterol symptoms and use of guggul to cure the problem. Guggul reduces hardening of cholesterol on the walls of the arteries. The chemical components of guggul are phytosterols, gugulipids, and guggulsterones.
Garlic is used to reduce cholesterol deposition on the walls of the arteries. Garlic belongs to the member of onion family and it posses' antibiotic features. It has been used for years as digestive aids to reduce stomach gases and also to reduce body pain caused by gases. It improves the immune system and fights infections.
Guggul when taken along with garlic supplements provide complete cholesterol support. Both these supplements are very effective in maintaining healthy heart.
Both the dietary supplements are 100% natural and completely safe for long-term use and have no clinically known side effects. They are made from natural and organic plant extract and are free from artificial coloring, flavors, allergens, salt and preservatives.
However the patient of diarrhea and bleeding disorders and the pregnant and breastfeeding woman should not take these supplements.
Both Guggul and Garlic are natural supplements so you cannot expect an overnight result. It is recommended to use these dietary supplements consistently for at least 3-4 months for best results.
Natural supplements take time for absorption but the results are long lasting. Another benefit of using these products is that they cure not just the symptoms but the whole body and are safe and do not cause any harmful side effects to your health.