Following are some of the effective home remedies for colitis:
- Papaya is used for the treatment of colitis. Person suffering from colitis may eat ripe papaya or can make its juice.
- Banana is also effective for the treatment of colitis. Patient should take 2-3 ripe bananas in their diet per day. Banana plays an important role in quick recovery.
- Apple too is commonly used as a home remedy for colitis. They are rich in minerals like iron and phosphate. Patient suffering from colitis should be given boiled apple.
- Patient suffering from colitis should take rice, mixed with fresh curd and banana. Take a small bowl of rice, a small cup of fresh curd and 1-2 ripe banana. This can be taken 1-3 times a day.
- Buttermilk is very effective as a home remedy for colitis. Similarly, coconut water is also healthy for colitis patient. Patient should take this drink 3-4 times a day.
- Balanced diet is essential to keep your body fit and healthy. Person suffering from colitis should take food rich in green leafy vegetables like cabbage, carrot, etc. There diet should also include fruits like papaya, apple, and banana.
- Patients should keep juice diet, in which they can only take freshly prepared juice 3-4 times a day. This continues for 8-9 days, after that they can be given balanced diet, including whole wheat grain, etc.
- Avoid citrus fruits like orange. Do not take junk foods, sweets, chocolates, hard and soft drink.
- Do mediation and yoga. Live a healthy stress free life, go for walk and do exercises regularly. They are great way of keeping away from various diseases and help in curing colitis.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for colitis:
- Ginger is commonly used for abdominal bloating, coughing, vomiting, and diarrhea. It has good results in treating colitis.
- Cayenne is another useful remedy for various conditions of the gastrointestinal tract, including stomachaches, cramping pains, and gas.