Following are some of the simple tips to prevent corns:
- Always keep your feet clean and dry. Gently apply medicated powder on corn affected area like, between the fingers, swollen skin area surrounding the finger nail. This will give some relief.
- Remove dirt by using some warm water and medicated cleanser solution. It will give some relief from the pain caused by corns.
- Wear comfortable shoes that are neither very tight nor very loose. Tight shoes exert pressure on your feet which leads to corns.
- Eat balanced diet rich in green vegetables and fruits.
- Always keep your fingers clean and prevent any exertion of external pressure on the toe fingers.
- If you observe severe pain, high temperature in the body, surrounding area of corns turning red and increased inflammation even after home treatments, do not ignore and visit your doctor for thorough check up.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for corns:
- One of the common home remedy for corns is papaya. Take one tablespoon of fresh papaya juice and gently apply on the corn-affected area. Allow it to dry for some hours.
- Pineapples are another easy and effective natural remedy for corns. Apply pineapple juice over corn affected area. Repeat this process for some. This will bring effective result.
- Prepare a mixture of mustard oil and liquorices (khadira). Mix small amount of mustard oil in one and a half tablespoon khadira and make a paste, then apply it on the corn-infected area gently and allow it to rest overnight. It is useful in the treatment of corns. It will decrease swelling and pain.
- Another useful home remedy for corn is lemon. Take one to two slices fresh lemon and apply them on corn infected area and allow it to rest for some hours. This will give you relief on corns.
- Green figs are also very effective in treating corns. It helps to soften the corns and is effective for corns of long duration. Extract half a teaspoon of its juice and applied two or three times daily on the affected area.
- You can also try this simple home remedy for corns. Soak a small piece of cloth in vinegar and bind it on the toe; leave it on day and night. It will help the corn to come out by root.
- You can also soak your feet in very diluted chamomile tea. It will both soothe and soften hard skin. It is also effective remedy for corns.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for corn:
- The herb Indian squill (Urginea indica) is a useful herbal remedy for removing corns. Its bulb may be roasted and applied over the corn. Apply a bandage over it. This application may be made at night and removed in the morning.