Following are some of the simple tips to prevent diabetes:
- Avoid eating starchy foodstuffs as they are not easily digestible.
- Take less amount of oil in your food.
- Avoid coffee, sugar, refined flour and alcohol.
- Do not take heavy meals. Eat small meals as the foods are easily digestible and are good for the health of diabetics.
- Take low fat diet and eat vegetables like spinach, cucumber.
- Eat fruits and milk products like cheese.
- Onion, sprouts, beans, garlic and tomatoes lower the sugar level in the blood.
- Live a stress free life. Stress will worsen the conditions.
- Restrict intake of mutton and excess salt in your meal. This will help in controlling your body weight and diabetes.
- It is advised to eat bitter herbs like bitter gourd and fenugreek. They are excellent bitter herbs for diabetic patients.
- There is no restriction on fish and soy for a diabetic patient.
- Do not eat junk food and oily food as this will control your level of cholesterol, lowers your blood pressure level, and diabetes.
- Avoid white bread, rice, potatoes, sweet and sugary foods.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for diabetes:
- Mango leaves are very useful in controlling diabetes. Take some mango leaves and soak them in water. Keep it overnight then in an empty stomach take this solution. You can also take them in powder form. Dry the leaves of mango tree and make its powder in a grinder. Mix one tablespoon of the dry powder of mango leaves in a glass of water and drink it everyday.
- You can also try this simple and effective home remedy for diabetes. Take sweet potato leaves with ash gourd or with any herbal tea. Mix 4-5 leaves of sweet potato and 1 tablespoon ash gourd in a glass of water and then allow it to boil. Strain the mixture and take this herbal tea anytime of the day. It is effective in curing diabetes.
- Curry leaves also controls diabetes. Chew 8-10 curry leaves in an empty stomach. This will be very effective in bringing the sugar level in urine and blood to normal. It is also beneficial to hereditary diabetic patients.
- Prepare a fine powder of dry amalaki. Put this powder in water and let it stand for some time. Then filter the solution and squeeze lemon juice in it. Take this early in the morning. It is very beneficial in controlling diabetes.
- You can also prepare a fine powder of amalaki, turmeric and fenugreek taken in equal amounts. Take this powder with honey every morning, afternoon and evening. It will help in lowering diabetes within about two months.
- Take mango and Indian plum (Jamun) juice in equal amount. Drink this mixture three times a day. It is useful in lowering sugar level.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for diabetes:
- Bitter gourd is very useful herb in treating diabetes. The bitter gourd seeds help in reducing the sugar in the blood.
- Cinnamon is also a useful herb that not only increases the flavor of food, but also very effective in bringing the blood sugar level to normal, helpful in curing appetite loss, and acidity.
- Another useful herb in reducing blood sugar level is fenugreek. It can suppress the excretion of sugar through the urine. It is commonly used in lowering sugar level.
- Bael is an effective remedy for diabetes. The bael leaves have anti-diabetic properties. Their extract must be consumed, preferably with a pinch of black pepper in it.
- Garlic is another natural herbal remedy for diabetes. It contains allicin, which helps in reducing the sugar level in the blood. it also brings about the disintegration of cholesterol in the body.
- Onion is also used in treating diabetes. It has hypoglycemic (i.e. low sugar) properties. It is natural and is effective herb to lower blood sugar level.
- The Indian plum (Jamun) is also very useful in diabetes cure. It has a specific action on the pancreas, which controls the conversion of starch to sugar. Jamun seeds have better effects than the pulp.
- Turmeric is another useful natural remedy for diabetes. it works more effectively if taken along with amalaki (Indian gooseberry).