Following are some of the effective tips for eye care
- Avoid your eyes getting dried. Dry eyes cause severe pain and later result in severe eyes infection. Hence, always wash your eyes with cold water 3-4 times a day, especially when coming from outside.
- Citrus fruits, milk and milk products, vegetables like tomato, spinach are good for eye care and keep eyes healthy.
- Restrict your intake of smoking and alcohol consumption as they cause irreversible optic nerve damage. Both nicotine and alcohol are nerve toxins.
- Take fluid like water and freshly prepared fruit juice. Water and other fluids help in keeping eyes and the entire body system healthy and glowing.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for eye care
- Put 2-3 drops of rose water in the eyes daily. This will give soothing effect to the eyes.
- Take 9-10 petals of fresh rose, mix it with raspberry leaves, and put it in a glass of water. Allow it to stand for few hours and then wash your eyes with it. This gives fast relief to the day long tiring eyes. It is also good for the treatment of cataract.
- Take a balanced diet, regular sleep habits, a balance between work and rest, and exercises all play an important role in maintaining our health and helping us maintain our eyesight.
- Potatoes are used in keeping eyes healthy. Take small rounded piece of potato and put it over your eyes. Leave the potato slice for 10-15 minutes and then remove it. This will keep eyes stress free and lustrous.
- Another simple home remedy for eye care is cucumber. Keep small round slice of cucumber over your closed eyes for 10-15 minutes. This will give you relief from eyes pain and stress.
- Eat fruits rich in Vitamin A. These are essential for healthy eyes and proper eye sight.
- Apply warm, moist compresses several times a day for treating the infection for at least 10 minutes each time.
- Carrot juice is very good for healthy eyes and good eyesight. It contains beta-carotene, which is rich in vitamin A.