Following are some of the simple tips for hemorrhoids:
- Papaya is also very useful as it helps in easy digestion of foods.
- Avoid pungent, spicy, oily and salty foods as they could make the digestion more difficult.
- Avoid excessive especially that which involves the anus.
- Anal hygiene is very important. Water must be ideally used to keep the anal area clean as toilet paper may not clean the area completely.
- Do not sit on hard surfaces for long periods of time. This could exert the anal area.
- Drink plenty of water as this will facilitate easy expulsion of the wastes from the rectal canal, without subjecting the anus to much pressure.
- Include green vegetables in your diet. These vegetables provide roughage that facilitates faster movement of bowels.
- Do not consume oily and spicy foods, red meats, rich desserts, potatoes and pumpkins as these foods are contra indications to the problem.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for hemorrhoids:
- Sesame seeds are very helpful in treating piles. Take 15-20 sesame seeds in a glass of water and boil it. Strain and allow it to cool, take this mixture 2-3 times a day at least for a month.
- Figs are also good for the treatment of hemorrhoids. Soak figs in water and keep it overnight. Strain the mixture and drink in empty stomach early in the morning. This will prevent constipation and treat piles as well.
- Take a glassful of warm milk with ghee in it before going to sleep every night. This will soothe the large intestine and make the passing of stools easier.
- Buttermilk with rock salt is also very good remedy to reduce constipation in piles.
- Onion is another simple home remedy for the treatment of hemorrhoid. Take onion juice or raw onion soaked in water containing sugar or other sweetener. Onion will stop the blood flow during the passage of stool. This can be taken 2-3 times a day at least for a month.
- Jambu fruit are also used for the treatment of hemorrhoids. It is one of the best home remedies for hemorrhoids.
- Banana is another useful fruit. Boil a ripe banana and mix it in a cup of milk. Patient suffering from hemorrhoids should take this 4-5 times a day. This gives fast relief from the painful hemorrhoids.
- Radish is very useful home remedy for hemorrhoids. It reduces the swelling around the anus and also relieves from pain. Patient should be given reddish juice 2-3 times a day. It is also found that white colored reddish paste soothes the swelling around the rectum.
- Other fruits and vegetables juice that give fast and instant relief from piles are carrot, lemon, spinach, mint leaves, etc.
- Mango especially mango seeds are very useful in getting relief from hemorrhoids. Dry mango seeds and powder it in a grinder. Take this powder 2-3 times a day either alone or with water. This will stop the release of blood in stool and give relief from painful stool discharge.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for hemorrhoids:
- Garlic is very useful in treating bleeding piles. When it is kept in contact with the piles, i.e. in the rectum, then there is relief from the bleeding of the piles. It should be inserted high up in the rectum so that it stays there overnight.
- Coriander (dhania) seeds are also helpful in the treatment of the hemorrhoid, it stops the release of blood in stool, and relieves from pain around anus. Soak 10-15 coriander seeds in water. Allow it to stand overnight and then strain. Take this in an empty stomach early in the morning. Patient suffering from hemorrhoids can also take juice extracted from the coriander leaves.
- There are some other herbs that are quite effective in the treatment of hemorrhoids like bay berry, aloe vera, white oak, etc. These herbs can be made into paste and applied around the effected anus. These herbs give fast relief from severe pain.
- Bitter gourd is very valuable herb in number of ailments. Juice extracted from it can be taken with buttermilk. This is an effective home remedy for hemorrhoid.