The standard level of blood sugar is normally 70-110 mg/dL in fasting condition and 120-140mg./dL in post prandial condition ( i.e. after 2 hours of taking full meals), above which the condition may indicate High Blood Sugar condition or Diabetes. This is a chronic metabolic disorder resulting due to the insufficient Insulin production from the pancreas. Type 1 and Type 2 diabetes mellitus are mostly prevalent and demands proper treatment. Uncontrolled Diabetes results in severe complications that damage the vital organs often leading to death.
Persons suffering from High Blood Sugar often face problems like frequent urination, excessive thirst, increase in hunger, tiredness, abrupt weight loss and burning sensation in hands and feet.
High Blood Sugar condition or Diabetes is mainly caused when the pancreas produce insufficient Insulin hormone, hampering the glucose metabolism. This results in the building up of glucose in the blood raising it to higher levels. Hereditary factors, wrong diet and lifestyle, obesity, pregnancy, emotional stress also contribute significantly in causing Diabetes.
A number of treatments can be adopted in lowering the high blood sugar levels that too by natural ways through extensive physical workouts and by eating the right food in right amounts. Naturally growing herbs also are very effective in treating this condition.
1. Including lots of fibers in the diet like green and leafy vegetables, fruits, brown rice, brown bread and avoiding all sorts of refined sugar, refined flour and processed food brings the blood sugar level in control.
2. Regular intake of bitter melon juice functions like insulin that lowers the blood sugar level. Use of bitter melon in different dishes and salads is also very good to treat Diabetes.
3. Taking Aloe Vera gel also helps in reducing the blood sugar levels.
4. Green tea is rich in antioxidants that also play an important role in lowering blood sugar.
5. Powdered Cinnamon bark has remarkable effect in lowering blood glucose levels. It can be added to food items or taken as tea.
6. Asian Ginseng stimulates the pancreas releasing higher amount of Insulin directly lowering the blood sugar level.
7. Fenugreek seeds contain amino acids that are highly effective in lowering post prandial blood sugar levels.
8. The bark and the seeds of the Jambolan herb are also good in treating high blood sugar conditions.
9. Gymnema Sylvestre herb also stimulates the pancreas in releasing Insulin and lowering the blood sugar.
10. Indian Gooseberry taken in dry powdered form or the raw juice from the fruit, both are highly beneficial in reducing the blood sugar.