Following are some of the simple tips for menopause:
- Woman moving towards her menopause should take bitter foods. The dark green leafy vegetables are mostly bitter in taste.
- Astringent foods are also beneficial. These foods include beans, soybeans, potatoes, cabbages and poultry foods. Both the bitter and the astringent foods help in reducing the excess heat in the woman's body that is produced during menopause.
- Foods that are sour, salty and pungent are contra-indications for menopause. Onions, garlic, mustard and chilies are pungent foods. Tomatoes, tamarinds, vinegars and curds are sour foods. These must be avoided.
- Mild walk, jogging and swimming are good for menopausal women. Yoga helps in controlling stress, depression, over anxiety, sleeplessness, etc.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for menopause:
- Boil few carrot seeds in a glassful of milk. Drink this milk with carrot seeds in it on a daily basis. It is very useful in menopause.
- During menopause, there is a chance of osteoporosis setting in due to loss of calcium. Hence take adequate care of your calcium intake. Foods rich in calcium are: milk and milk products, cheese, beans and peas.
- Drink beetroot juice daily or include it in salads. This is an effective home remedy for menopause.
- Include healthy and nutritional food in your diet during menopause. Minerals like calcium, magnesium become deficient during this, hence diet rich in these minerals and vitamins, especially Vitamin D, is highly recommended.
- Eat green leafy vegetables, fruits, grains, sprouts, milk and cheese. Freshly prepared fruit juice is highly recommended during this period.
- The vagina gets dried and cause pain during and after menopause is attained. Menopausal women should drink at least 8-10 glass of water and other fluids like freshly prepared fruit juice. However, caffeine, alcohol should be avoided.
- Soy foods are also helpful in increasing the amount of estrogen in the body. They regulate the cholesterol level, make bone strong, and improve hot flashes..
- Linseed is another useful home remedy for the treatment of menopause.
- Sunflower seed are also helpful in increasing the estrogen level in the body.
- Other food items that increase the estrogen level are alfalfa, garlic, beans, cabbage, beets, vegetables like beet, pumpkin, fruits like apple, papaya, etc. These foods are rich in fiber and minerals and other nutrients as well.
- Liquorice is extremely beneficial in menopausal problems because it contains estrogen. Take liquorice powder 1-2 tablespoon a day. This is effective home remedy for menopausal women.
- Almond oil together with geranium oil is also good for relief from menopausal pain. Mix two of these oils in equal amount and apply around vaginal portion. This soothes pain and also makes it soft.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for menopause:
- Beetroot is extremely beneficial in making the menopausal experience less painful. It should be taken as a salad, in which the beetroots are boiled with their peel on. Remove the peel before eating.
- Indian Spikenard also known as the jatamansi is another useful herb prescribed to cure insomnia and mood swings. For such benefits, this herb is prescribed to be taken along with ashwagandha.
- Ashwagandha, popularly known as Indian Ginseng has aphrodisiacal properties. In the case of menopause, ashwagandha is usually prescribed to cure insomnia and mood swings.