Following are some of the simple tips for morning sickness:
- Take a balanced diet. Include protein and carbohydrate rich food, whole grain food, brown bread in your diet.
- Always keep lemon slice or freshly prepared lemon juice along your bedside. Lemon is quite effective in reducing vomiting, nausea or morning sickness.
- Drink plenty of fluid, water, fresh fruit juice, etc. This keeps the body temperature in control and reduces the nausea or vomiting tendency.
- Take apple extract vinegar with honey at night, before going for sleep. Mix equal amount (one tablespoon) of both vinegar and honey in a cup of water.
- Keep your room fresh and clean. Take sufficient sunlight and do not stay too much in dark, as this will cause nervousness and will result in vomiting.
- Use a good fragrance room freshener like lavender, mint that sooths your nerves and make you feel comfortable.
- Do not eat spicy foods that are difficult to digest. They not only cause morning sickness but also increase the heat of the body. This could endanger the very life of the fetus and lead to a spontaneous abortion.
- Vitamin B deficiency may lead to morning sickness. Include salads, wheat, vegetables, bananas, sea food, chicken, etc. in your diet as they contain vitamin B.
- Take proper rest and do not stress yourself. The more you take rest, the less you feel nausea or vomiting.
- It is also advisable to keep some food items that suit your taste near your bed. Women going through the morning sickness syndrome often wake up at night due to uneasiness or vomiting tendency. Keeping some food items near your bed will give relief.
- Go for morning walk, mild walk after dinner, do little exercise and yoga. Meditation and yoga help in keeping nerves in control. It makes body and mind healthy.
- Do not eat food in hurry. Chew the food slowly, completely, and properly.
- Avoid brushing your teeth immediately after taking food.
- Completely restrict your habit of drinking and smoking. This prevent morning sickness and keep the child safe and healthy.
- Do not starve yourself. Some women do not feel like eating during these days. However, this is not good for health. Take freshly prepared fruit juice, some low fat snacks, etc., in place of heavy meals.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for morning sickness:
- Take a handful of curry leaves and extract their juice. Add one lemon juice and a spoonful of honey to it. Drink this mixture on a regular basis, 3-4 times a day. It is very helpful in the treatment of morning sickness.
- Prepare a tea made of spearmint. This is very effective in curing morning sickness.
- Tea made of ginger is also an effective home remedy for morning sickness. Take 2-3 pieces of ginger into water and boil it till the water becomes half of its original volume. Allow it to cool a little and then take in small sips. However, many pregnant women are unable to take this tea because of the strong taste of ginger.
- Take two oranges in the morning and the evening. It keeps you healthy during the pregnancy. Oranges are rich in vitamin C that is useful in numerous ways during the months of pregnancy. Avoid taking it if you are prone to common colds.
- Add a couple of spoonfuls of the bael juice in some cooked rice. Take this twice or thrice a day, especially if you have persistent morning sickness problems.
- Peppermint oil is another useful home remedy for morning sickness. Take 500 ml of water, boil it and add 3-4 drops of peppermint oil. Allow it to stand. Put it in a container, and keep it near your bed. The soothing fragrance of peppermint oil helps a lot during morning g sickness.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for morning sickness:
- Due to the strong but pleasant odor of lemon, it is very useful in the treatment of morning sickness. When the woman feels the symptoms of nausea and vomiting, just sniffing at the juice or the peel of a lemon is enough to stop the morning sickness.
- All mints (spearmint, horsemint and peppermint) are beneficial in controlling morning sickness. Their fragrances and flavors mitigate the feelings of nausea and vomiting.
- Ginger is a commonly used herbal remedy for morning sickness. It gives immediate relief from the symptoms of morning sickness.