Diabetes is a disease that has been chronic to millions of people around the globe. The hyperglycemic condition that results due to the under performance of Pancreas secreting lesser amounts of Insulin shoots up the blood glucose levels creating a number of discomforts, often resulting in serious complications damaging the vital body organs that may lead to death. There is a worldwide concern regarding the control of Diabetes through various natural remedies or by other therapeutic methods.
Frequent urination, increased thirst and hunger, dryness in mouth, abnormal weight loss, fatigue and tiredness may be the warning signs of Diabetes. Women may experience Vaginal Candidiasis due to Diabetes.
The cause of the mal functioning of the beta cells of Pancreas, responsible for Insulin production is still unclear. But certain food habits and erratic life style do contribute significantly causing Diabetes. Other causes are -
1. Genetic factors
3. Smoking and drinking
4. Leading stressful life
Through various scientific researches it has been confirmed that Diabetes can be cured naturally, or if not can be brought under control. Following the right diet and maintaining a physical regime increases the body metabolism that helps to maintain the steady blood glucose level. Herbal remedies have created miraculous effects in controlling Diabetes.
1. Including lots of green vegetables, fruits and lean protein and avoiding all sorts of refined sugars, processed food is the first step in curing Diabetes. Fruits and green vegetables are rich in vitamins and minerals which are essential to curb this disease.
2. Starting the day by drinking bitter gourd juice helps in lowering the blood sugar.
3. Taking cinnamon powder through food items or in tea helps in curing Diabetes to a great extent.
4. Green tea is very effective in curing Diabetes as it is rich in anti oxidants and the compound catechin EGCG (epigallocatechin gallate) helps in better functioning of the insulin.
5. Cayenne pepper powder is effective in lowering blood glucose levels as it increases the body metabolism and at the same time helps in weight reduction.
6. Banaba herbs also known as the "Plant Insulin" is very useful in treating Diabetes.
7. Chewing few cloves of fresh garlic regularly also helps in lowering blood sugar as well as cholesterol.
8. Regular intake of Vitamin C, the natural antioxidants which is present in Amla is good for curing Diabetes.
9. The amino acids present in the seeds of Fenugreek stimulate the pancreas to produce insulin thus reducing the blood sugar levels.
10. The herb Gymnema Sylvestre also deserves special mention due to its effectiveness in curing Diabetes.