There are various reasons of cervical spondylosis. It can be caused by injury in the back, bad posture, straining of the muscles due to improper lifting of weights and back injury. It is also caused due to stress and strain from sitting for long periods. Cervical spondylosis is also caused due to lack of exercise and bad eating habits.
Cervical spondylosis is related with the degenerative disease of the cervical region of spine. We all know that spine constitutes of block of bones. Between these bones elastic tissues are present which are known as intervertebral discs that act as shock absorbers. Usually the nerves are compressed and results into pain when the space between the cervical vertebrae narrows. This condition is known as cervical spondylosis.
Some of the important symptoms of cervical spondylosis are severe pain continued for many days in the shoulders, collar bone, back side of neck and head side. Pain due to cervical spondylosis may affect your arms and fingers. Movements are also restricted due to acute or chronic stiffness. Some of the more symptoms due to cervical spondylosis are headache, giddiness, numbness or almost complete loss of sensation on the affected side and also weakness in the muscles of hand or arm.
The problem of cervical symptoms can be cured with the help of home remedies. Some of the popular home remedies -
1. Regular intake of 2-3 cloves of garlic in the morning reduces the problem of cervical spondylosis. You can also prepare oil by frying 10 cloves of garlic in 60 grams of oil, cool it and then apply it vigorously in affected part. After application of oil leave as it is for 3 hours and then go for warm bath. Follow this routine at least for 15 days. You will get an effective result.
2. You can get quick relief from the problem of cervical spondylosis by taking lemon juice mixed with salt at least 2-3 times a day. You can also take chebulic myrobalan after meals.
3. Hot fomentation or yoga for 5-10 minutes at least twice a day is also very effective in treating the problem of cervical spondylosis.
4. Diet is also very important in reducing the problem of cervical spondylosis. Patient must have 4 meals a day which consists of salad of raw vegetables, steamed vegetables, milk and whole-wheat bread sprouts. Intake of vitamin C, vitamin D and calcium, phosphorus, proteins are also essential.
5. Ayurveda prescribes massage with medicated oil such as Rumatone Gold Oil for the patients suffering with cervical spondylosis. This oil can be used for gentle massaging of the affected area.