Following are some of the simple tips for ringworm:
- Take balanced diet to keep the body healthy and disease free.
- Restrict your intake of junk or oily food.
- Drink plenty of water. It is natural and best way to fight skin problems.
- Do regular yoga and meditation, go for morning walk and do little exercise, etc.
- Keep your body clean and use medicated soap.
- Apply mud pack (multani mitti) on your skin.
- Use clean and soft towel and keep your body dry with towel before wearing clothes.
- Bath twice a day or thrice who perspire a lot. This will keep your body clean and kill the germs that may infect your body and skin.
- Sunbath is also beneficial for patient suffering from ringworm.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for ringworm:
- Prepare a paste of mustard seeds and apply it directly on the ringworm. You will get a slight tingling sensation, but that indicates the healing process has begun. The tingling sensation will subside in a while.
- Apply papaya juice on the affected parts of the skin. Alternatively you can also apply the peel of the papaya onto the skin and keep it tied like a bandage. This will provide a cooling effect, which will reduce the itching and help in quick healing.
- Drink plenty of vegetable soups with carrots, radish and spinach in them as important ingredients. These soups will keep the skin moist and help it to fight against the fungal infection that causes ringworm.
- Patient suffering from ringworm should survive only on fruit-based diet at least for 6-7 days. This fruit-based diet should include pineapple, apple, pomegranate (anar), citrus fruits like orange, etc. This help to flush out the toxic materials outside the body that is causing skin and other disease. After a week, patient may start taking whole wheat bread, green leafy vegetables, milk and yoghurt, etc. a complete balanced diet must include fruits, green vegetables, whole wheat grain, cereals, grams, etc.
- You can also apply 3-4 drops of coconut oil over the infected skin; this will keep the skin soft and soothes the infected skin.
- Bay leaf (tejpatta) is also used in ringworm. Make the paste of green bay leaves by adding little water to it and apply over the infected area. This will sooth the skin and the swelling of the skin will also decrease.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for ringworm:
- Butea (palaash) is an effective herbal remedy for ringworm. Take few seeds of butea and grind it in fine powder. Add little water to it and make a paste, apply this paste over the infected skin. Do this at least for 3-4 times a day. This will kill the germs completely.
- Make a paste of turmeric powder in water and apply it on the ringworm. Allow it to dry, then wash with water and dry with soft towel. It is very common home remedy for ringworm.
- The leaves of the cassia are very effective in the treatment of ringworm. They are ground into a paste and applied directly over the affected parts.
- Apply basil (tulsi) leaf extract over the infected skin. Take 15-20 basal leaf and extract its juice. Apply it over the spots and allow it to dry. Repeat it 3-4 times daily till the infection is treated completely. This is another easy home remedy and shows its effects within 2-3 days.
- Mix buttermilk with the paste of the leaves of the lemon grass. Apply this on the affected skin for treating ringworm.
- Margosa (neem) is one of the best treatments for ringworm. It is used in a variety of ways for both internal and external administration.
- Turmeric is used since very ancient times in the treatment of ringworm. A solution of the turmeric powder is made and applied directly on the affected skin. Turmeric is also given mixed with honey to the patient in oral form.