Shilajit, "the conqueror of mountains and destroyer of weakness", is a natural exudate obtained from the steep rocks of the Himalayan regions of India (Kumaon area), Pakistan (Gilgit Baltistan), China, Nepal, Bhutan, and Tibet. The main and active component of Shilajit is fulvic acid, which is considered as the strongest natural electrolyte. Fulvic acid is an unusual collection of hormones, nutrients, antioxidants, enzymes, amino acids, superoxide dismutases, free-radical scavengers, bactericidal substances, antivirals, antifungal, biochemicals, and phytochemicals.
1. Apart from Fulvic acid, Shilajit also contains around 85 ionic form minerals. Fulvic acid helps the minerals to pass through the cell walls that restore the electric potency of the cells and hinder the wear and tear of the cells. Thus, Shilajit holds back and reverses the aging process.
2. Shilajit has nootropic activity and can help in the enhancement of learning and memory
3. Shilajit has the ability to stimulate the metabolisms of nucleic acid and protein, consequently enhancing the production of energy in the body.
4. Its diuretic effect facilitates the removal of excess fluid and toxins from the body.
5. It does have antiseptic, anti-parasitic, and anodyne properties.
6. Shilajit is useful in treating paralysis as it can strengthen the nervous system.
7. Its anti-inflammatory property helps in reducing chemically-induced edemas.
8. Shilajit also lowers the levels of liver cholesterol and serum cholesterol.
9. Shilajit has been proven to have anti-diabetic effects and is able to decrease triglyceride and phospholipid levels.
10. It has the potential to interfere with the activity of thyroid glands and thus helps in the cure of hypothyroidism.
11. It fastens the recovery process of nerve, bone, and muscle injuries.
12. Shilajit has anti-inflammatory, anti arthritic and antiulcerogenic properties.
13. Shilajit also has adaptogenic or alterative properties.
1. Mental and physical exhaustion
2. Erectile and sexual dysfunctions
3. Low sperm count
4. Diabetes mellitus
5. Prostate problems
6. Urinary conditions
1. Shilajit improves vitality and immunity of the body.
2. It can be used in the treatment of psychological conditions like mental fatigue, anxiety, stress and depression.
3. It is helpful in the management of epilepsy and convulsions.
4. Shilajit can be taken for the treatment of anal diseases like hemorrhoids, fistula, and fissure.
5. Shilajit is useful in reducing obesity.
6. It can be used in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease.
7. Shilajit is an excellent aphrodisiac. Daily use of Shilajit increases testosterone levels, sperm count, and motility.
Shilajit Sudh (Asphaltum Punjabinum), Kesar (Saffron), Safed Musali (Asparagus Adscendens), Shatavar (Asparagus Racemosus) and Moti Bhasma (Pinctada Margaritifera).
Take two capsules of Shilajit ES twice daily with milk or plain water after meals. For best results, take this supplement consistently for 2-3 months.