Ashwagandha works as an adaptogen, promoting the body's ability to preserve homeostasis and overcome stress. It reduces stress and depression and promotes mental peace. As per Ayurveda, stress is a state that occurs in body due to vata dosha vitiation. Ashwagandha helps body to attain such stability especially where vata imbalance is concerned.
Ashwagandha is useful in promoting mental calmness and satisfaction in mind due to its superior penetrating powers, which helps to counter negative adaptogens. It helps to provide nourishment to the brain for its better functioning and greater capability to work. It is also beneficial in improving mental ability and concentration.
Relieve physiological and psychological stress
Increase resistance to stress
Enhance immunity and body strength
Improve overall health and wellbeing
Brahmi also known as Bacopa monnieri is a time tested and trusted herb used to improve memory, relieve stress and calm down the aggressive moods. It is well known natural remedy to increase memory and relieve stress naturally as the herb nourishes the neurons that in turn improve retention ability and to get rid of unwanted anxieties.
Bacopa has soothing effects on brain and therefore is used in the treatment of depression. It brings down the elevated hormonal levels in the body and thus makes you free from insomnia (sleeplessness) and depression. Unlike modern medicines, Brahmi does not have any unwanted or harmful side effects.
Increase learning and memory
Reduce stress and depression
Support mental acuity for thousands of years
Enhance memory potential
Beneficial for both young and old
What are the symptoms of stress, depression and anxiety?
Stress, Anxiety and Depression has become part of normal life of people. With increased intensity these are as fatal as any critical disease. It is found in research that certain biological changes which may lead to increased chances of heart disease, cancer and stroke, take place during period of stress.
Symptoms of stress, anxiety and depression can be behavioral or emotional.
Physical symptoms include -
1. Tension headaches or migraines and sleep disturbances or too much sleep.
2. Indigestion, cramps, heartburn, flatulence, irritable bowel syndrome.
3. Medical condition like heart disease, high blood pressure, nausea.
4. Pain in back, shoulder and muscle tension.
5. Disturbances in eating habit leading to gain or loss of weight.
6. Restlessness and fatigue.
7. Hair loss and skin disorders.
8. Suppression of immune system leading to frequent flu or infections.
9. Sweaty palms or hands or cold hands or feet.
10. The need to go to the bathroom frequently.
Behavioral symptoms include -
1. Tendency to forget
2. State of confusion or disorganization and fuzzy perception
3. Low self-esteem and negative outlook
4. Loss of interest in sex and pleasure
Emotional symptoms are -
1. Frequent mood changes and nervousness
2. Rude behavior and aggression
3. Suicidal thoughts or tendencies
4. Problem in concentration
What are the major causes of stress, depression and anxiety?
Major Causes of Stress, Anxiety and Depression -
Broadly, causes of stress, anxiety and depression can be classified under four factors i.e. biological, environmental, psychological and medical. However, in most of the cases a mix of these factors causes stress, anxiety and depression. Some of the causes are as follow:
1. Chemical imbalances in serotonin and norepinephrine causes stress, anxiety and depression. These neurotransmitters are responsible for establishing communication between different parts of the brain. The reason for this chemical imbalance is still not known.
2. Another biological cause of stress, anxiety and depression is believed to be genetic. Though researchers are not very sure, however it is often observed that the anxiety and depression runs in families.
3. Environmental causes include financial instability or problems in relationships. Incapability to adjust with adverse environmental situation often causes stress, anxiety and depression.
4. Lack of time for relaxation and exercise, nutritional deficiencies, consumption of alcohol and drugs, pressure of performance, unusual stretch to excel etc. are very much responsible for stress, anxiety and depression.
5. Emotional weakness is associated with stress, anxiety and depression. The pessimist or people with low self confidence are more likely to get stressed easily.
6. Person suffering from long lasting illness and illness which has very limited cure are more likely to get depressed. A long treatment and inability of physical activity creates negativity in people and hence they get depressed. Stress, anxiety and depression can also be caused by side effects of certain medicines especially which alter the state of consciousness or energy levels.
Is there any natural treatment for stress, depression and anxiety?
Ashwagandha and Brahmi supplements are very helpful in stress, anxiety or depression related disorders. They are particularly helpful in raising physiological stamina and provide protection from ill effects of stress, anxiety and depression. Ashwagandha and Brahmi (also known as Bacopa) are herbs mainly used for rejuvenating nerve and brain cells. The anti inflammatory quality of these herbs makes them very useful in treating the pain related disorder induced by stress.
What additional guidelines to follow to overcome from these disorders?
Eat right, exercise and avoid heavy and late dinners
Take a break and meditate to relax and slow down mind-racing
Avoid excessive competition and push away negative thoughts
Practice relaxation techniques such as yoga, meditation, breathing, etc.
Laugh and smile more often and join a group to avoid feelings of isolation
Try not to overindulge in alcohol
Avoid or control too much of aerated drinks and tea
Do things you enjoy such as painting, writing etc.
Many herbs are extremely beneficial for stress and depression. Brahmi and Ashwagandha are among the top. Take these supplements to relieve stress and depression.
Is there any possible side effect of taking Brahmi and Ashwagandha?
Brahmi and Ashwagandha are 100% natural and completely safe for long-term use and have no clinically known side effects. These dietary supplements are made from natural and organic plant extract and are free from artificial coloring, flavors, allergens, salt and preservatives.
How long I need to use these products?
Ashwagandha and Brahmi are herbal supplements so you cannot expect an overnight result. It is recommended to use these dietary supplements consistently for at least 3-4 months for permanent relief.
Herbal supplements and products take time for absorption but the results are long lasting. Another benefit of using natural supplements is that they cure not just the symptoms but the whole body and are safe and do not cause any harmful side effects to your health.