Triphala, means three fruits, is an Ayurvedic herbal preparation that is mainly used for cleansing and purifying the digestive system. It consists of a combination of equal amounts of three fruits, namely, Terminalia chebula (Haritaki), Emblica officinalis (Amalaki), and Terminalia belerica (Bibhitaki). Haritaki acts as a natural eye rejuvenator. It also cleans body channels and supports digestive system. Amalaki or Amla is a rejuvenator and improves body's resistance power against diseases. Bibhitaki is a natural blood cleanser.
1. The most beneficial aspect of Triphala is its potential to cleanse the colon and remove all wastes from the body providing relief from constipation.
2. Triphala is a natural blood purifier and liver cleanser.
3. Triphala is enriched with vitamin C. It also contains many other nutrients like essential fatty acids, bioflavonoids, and phospholipids.
4. Triphala helps in the detoxification of body and liver, secretion of bile, and regeneration of tissues.
5. It also supports peristalsis and ensures proper digestion and assimilation of food.
6. Triphala also has antioxidant, astringent and anti-inflammatory effects.
7. Triphala rejuvenates eyes, mainly due to the presence of Haritaki.
8. This formulation supports the functioning of body systems including the circulatory, respiratory, digestive, and urogenital systems.
9. This herbal preparation also inhibits the harmful bacteria in the gastrointestinal system and aids the growth of beneficial bacteria in the digestive tract.
10. Triphala is used to treat abdominal cramps as it can prevent the buildup of gas in the stomach.
11. The three ingredients of Triphala are strong antiviral agents which is useful in treating herpes simplex virus.
12. Studies have shown that Triphala contains anti-tumor and anti-HIV activities.
13. Triphala is effective in lowering the levels of hypertension and cholesterol.
14. This preparation also slows down the aging process.
2. Digestive disorders
3. Eye problems
1. Triphala is regarded as the safest non-habit forming laxative.
2. Triphala can be used in the treatment of eye disorders like inflammation of conjunctiva, cataract, progressive nearsightedness, and early stages of glaucoma.
3. It removes stones from urinary tract.
4. Triphala is useful in the management of irritable bowel syndrome, ulcerative colitis, and diverticulitis.
5. The regular intake of Triphala reduces weight.
6. This formula is also beneficial as an expectorant.
7. Triphala is useful to treat diabetes mellitus and liver disorders.
8. It is effective in normalizing heart rates.
9. Triphala stimulates the production of red blood cells.