Following are some of the simple tips to prevent wrinkles:
- Eat only natural foods with minimal oil and spices. You must have a good amount of fruits in your daily consumption.
- Vitamins are essential to maintain the health of your skin. Eat foods rich in Vitamin B complex such as green leafy vegetables, whole grain cereals, chicken, eggs, beef, etc followed by vitamins A, C and E.
- Maintain the proper moisture balance of your skin. Drink plenty of water.
- Do not sleep on the side or the belly. If the face is in constant contact with the pillow, chances are that it will develop wrinkles soon.
- Do not expose yourself too much to the sun. That may also cause wrinkles early on.
- Live a stress free life. Keep your mind free through yoga and meditation.
- Avoid smoking and drinking. When one consumes alcohol, the face puffs up. As it returns back to normal, the skin becomes loosened, developing wrinkles in the long run.
- While washing your face, never rub too hard. Do not use strong soaps. Use lime soap if available. This must be done from early youth.
- Do not wash your face with warm water. Use water that is at normal temperature.
- Always apply a natural sun protecting cream before going out as ultraviolet rays of the sun takes away the natural beauty of the skin and develops wrinkles around your eyes, necks, and any exposed skin surface.
- Do a face scrub using various natural home available products like turmeric, rose water, honey once or twice a week to keep it soft and clean this also reduce wrinkles or aging sign.
- A good facial massage improves blood circulation, reduces wrinkles, tones your skin, and gives a new life to the tired and dead skins.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for wrinkles:
- Lemon juice is an effective remedy in reducing fine lines under eyes, neck, and hands. This helps in minimizing the wrinkles and cleaning the skin surface.
- Massage your skin using flax seeds oil. It is very useful in getting rid of wrinkles.
- Apply a juice of fresh pineapples and apples daily on the skin. This removes the wrinkles from the skin and makes it look younger.
- You can also apply pure castor oil on the wrinkles every night before going to bed.
- Massage coconut oil gently on the wrinkles affected area every night before going to bed.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for wrinkles:
- Turmeric is very useful in treating wrinkles. Make a paste of turmeric and sweeten it with sugarcane juice. Apply this regularly on the wrinkled skin.
- Make a paste of ginger and honey. Take this every morning before brushing your teeth. Continuous intake of this mixture will prevent wrinkles for as long as it is possible.
- Cucumber is commonly used in removing wrinkles. You can shred some cucumbers and strain the pieces through a sieve. Apply this residue on the face. Leave it on for about half an hour, and then wash it off. Within few days you will find the wrinkles starting to crease out.
- Put some rosemary leaves in two cups of water. Boil this till the solution becomes half. Then take down from the flame and add half a cup of brandy to it. Strain this mixture and apply it twice a day onto the wrinkled skin.
- Lemon and Indian gooseberry (amalaki) both are rich in vitamin C. Rub these on the wrinkles several times a day. This will help you to get rid of wrinkles.