Following are some of the simple tips for yeast infection:
- Include green leafy vegetables in your diet.
- Rice water (water in which rice is cooked) is also beneficial in curing yeast infection.
- Do not eat foods that may lead to constipation when there are vaginal itch problems. These include the spicy, oily and hot foods. Constipation makes the problem of yeast infection much more severe.
- Do not use deodorants or strong perfumes especially near the genitals or other sensitive areas, as this will worsen the infection and will become much painful.
- Wear comfortable cotton undergarments.
- Wear properly washed dry clothes. Dry your body properly and wear clean and dry clothes.
Following are some of the effective home remedies for yeast infection:
- Prepare a mixture of the pulp of a single banana and the juice of a gooseberry (amalaki). Flavor it with sugar. Eat this mixture once a day to heal the yeast infection.
- Dilute the apple cider vinegar with water. Add one clove of garlic to it. Wash the vaginal area with this solution to fight against yeast infections.
- Tea tree oil is commonly used as a home remedy for yeast infection. Soak cotton ball in the oil and place it in the vagina. This will reduce the vaginal pain and inflammation.
- Olive oil is also used in curing yeast infection. Take 3-4 drops of olive oil and grapefruit juice and mix in two cups of water. Drink this mixture to get relief from yeast infection.
- Curd is an effective home remedy for yeast infection. Soak a cotton ball in curd and place it in the vaginal area. Keep it there for 2-3 hours. Do this till yeast infection is cured completely.
- Apple-extract vinegar is another useful remedy for the treatment of yeast infection. Mix apple extract vinegar with little water and garlic extract. Soak a cotton ball in this mixture and put it in the vagina and other infected area. This will give easy relief from itchy feeling and hot sensation.
- Mix coconut oil with the bhimseni camphor and apply on the vaginal opening. This will solve the itchiness and the infection.
- You can also wash the vaginal area with a good quality of brandy to cure the infection.
- Buttermilk is also helpful in treating yeast infection. Drink 2-3 glass of buttermilk daily. It will regulate the bowel movement, clears all the toxic substance in the body, regulates the body temperature and keeps the body cool. This will lower the inflammation in vagina.
Following are some of the effective herbal remedies for yeast infection:
- Indian Gooseberry (amalaki) is a rich source of Vitamin C that is very beneficial for treating yeast infections. Hence take amlaki in one way or the other for curing yeast infection.
- You can also apply garlic paste alone to the infected area except vagina. Garlic kills yeast and other germs. Apply garlic paste 2-3 times a day till the infection is completely cured.
- This is also a simple and effective herbal remedy for yeast infection. Apply the juice of basil (tulsi) leaves on the vaginal area. you will get an immediate relief.